Thursday, May 15, 2008

A pattern I LOVE...

So I have been working on a few things. Not much accomplished that I am proud of...guess I should post pictures of those, too, that way you won't think all I make is adorable. Those "not-so-loved" items just get added to Abagail's play clothes.

I found this pattern on one of my favorite sites and decided I "NEEDED" to give it a try. Well, my opinion...WOOHOO...this pattern is the BEST! Probably one of the easiest and cutest things I have made as of late. I can honestly say I believe Abagail might have an entire wardrobe of these shirts and dresses this summer. Forgive the picture...didn't feel like pulling out the big camera and just snapped a few with our point and shoot in bad lighting. Can you say, "Hello, red eye?"

Next on the list is a few things made from some bargain fabric I picked up at IKEA today. Nothing like finding fabric for $2.49/yard and getting it cut, only to have the associate claim, "It's a little over, but the end of the bolt, all yours for the price of a yard!" I measured it and it was more like almost 2 yards...WOOHOO! I can a few dresses for Abagail in the future! The other bargain I found was in the "as is" section. I snagged this duvet for $2.99. Yes, another dress, maybe the accent fabric with the other fabric...who knows what all it will become, all I know it is was a TON of usable fabric for a steal!

I might have to so scavenge the "as is" section more often. I also have dreams for scouring through my local Goodwill, but that is very un-appealing with a toddler in tow. Do is sound weird to want to escape sans-kids for a thrift shopping day? Might have to see how hubby feels about that...

No comments: